Occupation License Information

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


No person or corporation shall, within the corporate limits of the City, conduct or engage in any of the businesses, trades, occupations, service occupations, or avocations as set forth in Section 605.020 of Raymore City Code without first paying the appropriate fees, submitting required information, and obtaining a license issued by the City Clerk.

General Information 

Occupational licenses are due on January 1 of each year and considered delinquent on January 31 of each year.
Beginning Feb 1 of each year, a 5% per month penalty based on the license fee will be added to the cost of the license for each month the occupational license is delinquent and business has been conducted within the City limits up to a maximum penalty of 25%.

Occupational license fees for new businesses entering the City for the first time will be pro-rated at a rate of 5% per month, after June 1.

Contractors and subcontractors, as required by the State of Missouri, must submit a certificate of insurance at the time of application showing evidence of general liability and workers compensation insurance.
All residents of Raymore applying for an occupational license must show proof of current paid County taxes for the latest year.

CLASS A, B or C Contractors, Electricians, Plumbers and Mechanical contractors who held a 2012 Raymore Occupational License, must provide proof of at least eight (8) continuing education credits (CEU) related to the trade for which the license was issued within the last year. The Building Official is authorized to verify CEU.

CLASS A, B or C Contractors, Electricians, Plumbers and Mechanical contractors who did not hold a 2012 Raymore Occupational License, must provide a certificate of competency with a passing grade (70% or higher) from a nationally recognized testing institution; OR Possess a Contractor’s License from a reciprocating city; OR provide proof of a Bachelor’s degree in Structural Engineering, Architecture or Construction Science. (For more information, contact the Building Official at 816-331-7916)


If you have any questions, please contact the City Clerk at (816) 331-3324 or

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer