There are three ways to register for our programs:
- Online Registration
- Contacting the Parks and Recreation Department at (816) 322-2791 M-F from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Visiting us in person at 227 Municipal Circle, Raymore, MO
This physical education class will be taught by a state certified P.E. teacher. It is specifically designed for homeschool students to aid in their gross and fine motor skill development, as well as teach teamwork and cooperative gameplay. The class will last 45 minutes and will include stretching, fitness activities, sport skill instruction and sport games. Lesson topics this fall include soccer, wiffle ball, fitness kickball, touch football, ultimate frisbee, capture the flag and the "B.A.G." (basketball and golf) game.
|Ages 6-9||Mondays: 9/17-11/26 (no class 11/12)||9:00-9:45 a.m.||$80|
|Ages 10-13||Mondays: 9/17-11/26 (no class 11/12)||10:00-10:45 a.m.||$80|
- Register by 9/10
- Location: Raymore Activity Center (RAC), 1011 S. Madison St.
First Aid/CPR/AED Combo
This combo class is First Aid, Adult CPR & AED training and certification. It covers medical, injury and environmental emergencies. It is the best value for the most information.S
| Session I
||11/1|| 6:30-9:00 p.m.
|Session II||12/6||6:30-9:00 p.m.||$65|
- Registration deadline is 5 p.m. the Friday prior to class date.
- Location: Centerview, 227 Municipal Circle- Instructor: Debi Gattenby.
Infant / Child CPR
If you found a child unresponsive, would you know what to do? Learn the vital steps needed to save these precious lives. Have an in-home daycare? This class is a must! This is a certification course. A maximum of 8 people. Ages 16 and older.
|Session I||10/11||6:30-8:30 p.m.||$55|
| Session II
||12/13|| 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Register by 5 p.m. on the Friday prior to class date.
- Location: Centerview, 227 Municipal Circle - Instructor: Debi Gattenby.
Future sitters will learn how to market their business, as well as feeding, diapering, safety, growth/development and what to do in case of choking or emergencies. This program is for ages 12-16 years old. Students are required to bring a sack lunch and a baby-doll.
|Session I||10/28||9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.||$35|
- Register by 5 p,.m, on the Wednesday prior to class date.
- Location: Centerview, 227 Municipal Circle - Instructor: Debi Gattenby
Home Alone and On Your Own
Most kids say the idea of being home alone sounds "a little scary, but mostly fun." This class covers what to do in cases such as power outages, storms, stranger danger, how to know what a "911" emergency would be and , most of all, how to make alone time less scary and more fun. This program is for ages 7-12 and students are required to bring a sack lunch.
|Session I||9/23||9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.||$35|
- Register by 5 p.m. on the Wednesday prior to class date.
- Location: Park House at Recreation Park - Instructor: Debi Gattenby
Pins and Needles Sewing Circle
Come settle in for some sewing, knitting or crochet time. Room to spread out and exchange ideas and advice on any project you may be working on. No charge to participate but please pre-register before attending. All ages welcome.
- 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month.
- 9:30 a.m.- 11:00 a.m.
- Location: Centerview, 227 Municipal Circle