On April 5, 2016, Raymore voters approved two measures that will bring $10.05 million worth of improvements to the City’s streets and parks programs.
Here is a full list of what will be coming to Raymore in the next three years under these two bond projects:
Parks & Recreation
Recreation Park (1) - COMPLETE
- Activity center (view staff reports): The Park House has served Raymore well, but the City has opened the Raymore Activity Center as a replacement that offers more space and opportunities for our Parks & Recreation programming. The RAC is a 16,000 square-foot multi-purpose gymnasium for expanded youth and adult programming, including volleyball, basketball, futsal and open gym hours for the indoor walking track and indoor sports. The RAC will be headquarters for anywhere from 60-125+ summer day campers Monday through Friday in summer months. The RAC is also available for rentals for special events and offers a concessions kitchen on site. (completed)
- Trail rehabilitation: This project would improve the walking trails around Recreation Park to make them safer and smoother. (completed)
- Parking lot rehabilitation (completed)
Centerview, event space & Parks & Recreation administrative offices (2) - COMPLETE
- Expansion project: The City Council already approved and funded the construction of a Municipal Circle meeting space at the corner of Municipal Circle and Broadmoor Drive, but approval of this portion of the project would expand the facility and add an amphitheater, walking trail and other amenities to the overall project.
- Centerview plans and staff reports.
Hawk Ridge Park (3) - Under construction with expected completion Spring 2019
- Park amphitheater: This amphitheater would become a new focal point for theater, musical performances and other community arts programming.
- Fishing dock, jetty, paved walking trail
- Parking expansion & shelter house with restroom facilities
- Additional restrooms, parking and entrance signs
T.B. Hanna Station (4) - Expected completion late spring-fall 2019
- Spray park, ice rink & playground: The new T.B. Hanna Station would gain a number of new amenities that would join the newly opened Depot shelter.
Streets and infrastructure
- Kentucky Road Eastern Bypass (5)
- Johnston Drive Extension: Darrowby to Dean (6) COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Foxridge Drive Extension: Old Paint to Dean (7) COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- 58 Highway: Mill and Overlay (8) COMPLETED FALL 2016
Each project above has a corresponding number on the map below.