As of June 5, 2012, the City of Raymore has increased its enforcement of the City requirements regarding land disturbance activities and erosion control measures.
The plot plan required to be submitted with each residential building permit application must now show the location of proposed erosion control or sediment barrier measures on the property. Erosion control measures must be placed on the property in accordance with the plan and must be in place before the building permit will be issued.
The individual that signs the building permit application is the responsible party for installing and maintaining the erosion control measures. Every time an inspection is completed on the home the inspector will review the erosion control measures. Spot inspections will also be made, especially after a rain event.
If your building site is found to be out of compliance, you will be notified and be provided two business days (48 hours) to remedy the violation. If the violation is not corrected, one or all of the following actions may occur:
- 1ssuance of a stop work order for the job site until the violation(s) is corrected and inspected and approved by the City;
- Issuance of a citation to appear in the Raymore City Court; and/or
- Repairs completed by the City with all costs, and an administrative fee, billed to you.
If a pattern develops of not installing and/or not maintaining the erosion control measures, the City may suspend your license to work in the City of Raymore.
This new plot plan checklist must be included with all permit applications. The APWA publication on Single Family Residential Standard Design for erosion control is available on the City of Raymore's Web site at www.raymore.com/DocumentView.aspx?DID=2051.
If you have any questions regarding what is expected of you regarding erosion control measures on your building site, feel free to contact the Building Inspections office at 816-331-7916 or the Engineering office at 816-331-1852.
- City of Raymore's Erosion Control Presentation (single family residential construction)
- American Public Works Association - KC Metro Chapter's construction specifications