The Animal Control Division of the Raymore Police Department consists of two full-time Animal Control Officers (ACO). Duties of the ACOs include:
- Pick-up and storage of loose, stray and dangerous animals
- Enforcement of Raymore city ordinances regarding animals
- Maintenance of animals housed at animal control facilities
- Investigation of animal bite calls
- Investigation of animal abuse / neglect calls
- Adoption procedures of animals without homes
- Direct contact with local veterinary offices regarding animal health concerns
- Click here to license your pet
- Animal licenses may be obtained at City Hall or at the Raymore Animal Shelter (1023 S Madison).
City Codes & Animals
We appreciate generous donations that keep our shelter clean and keep the animals we care for fed and comfortable. Donations may be dropped off at the shelter, but as ACOs are frequently out on calls, please bring any donations to the Police Department at City Hall (100 Municipal Circle) if no one is at the shelter. Please do not leave donations outside. Thank you for understanding.
Click here for our full donation item wish list.
Sponsor a feral cat.
- A $30 sponsorship donation covers the cost of sterilization and a rabies vaccination for one feral cat. The cat is then relocated to a barn home in a rural area. It's a fast, easy and effective way to help our cause if you can't adopt an animal yourself! We are dedicated to reducing the number of feral cats in our community effectively and humanely. Learn more about our Feral Cat Sponsorship Program here.
To see our current selection of adoptable pets, find Raymore Animal Shelter on Facebook.
To contact the Animal Control Division or to adopt a pet, call the Raymore Police Department at 816-331-0530 or email RaymoreAnimalControl@Raymore.com.
Raymore Animal Shelter: 1023 S Madison St.