In 2015 Raymore achieved Gold Level recognition from the Mid-America Regional Council as a Solar Ready Community. This recognition acknowledges the work the city has done to implement best management practices and undertake other actions to facilitate and encourage solar power installation.
The City of Raymore has adopted provisions in the Unified Development Code regarding the installation and use of solar energy systems. The provisions were written to allow solar energy systems on any property in the City provided certain minimum requirements were complied with. The City encourages the use of solar and other other renewable energy systems.
Start with the SOLAR PERMIT CHECKLIST
- Solar Collector Installation Application
- Electrical Permit Application
- Renewable Energy Code provisions
Solar Energy Resources
- How do solar panels work?
- Appraising Into the Sun: Solar Home Analysis
- Consumer Guide to Solar
- Metro KC Solar Map interactive website
- Raymore Solar Potential Map
- MIssouri Solar Rebates and Incentives
- Missouri DNR Passive Solar Design
- Homeowner's Guide to Solar Financing
- Solar Tax Credits & Incentives
- Guide to Solar Energy Grants
- Pros, Cons and Hidden Costs of Home Solar Panels
- Can I save money on solar?
- Solar Energy Myths
- Solar Power in the Home
- Solar Ready Construction Guideline (How to prepare a new house for solar installation)
- Typical Solar Photovoltaic Engineer Drawings