FY 2017 Overview
Some of the items completed during FY 2017 include:
- Completed application and work necessary for Raymore to obtain Gold Level recognition as a Community for All Ages.
- Continued to increase mapping and data capabilities of internal ArcIMS site for all employees to access GIS information.
- Provided in-house review of all building plans for residential and commercial projects.
- Maintained a development report that is updated monthly to reflect existing housing units, units under construction, and available building lots in the City.
- Administered a program to register properties that have been foreclosed on and complete weekly inspections to ensure code compliance and ensure structures are secured.
- Continued implementation of a proactive inspection procedure for property maintenance code violations. Building inspectors completed a drive-by inspection of all properties in the City and commenced enforcement procedures on those properties deemed to have a violation of the property maintenance code.
- Continued creation of excerpts from the Unified Development Code that provides quick reference material for residents and applicants.
- Updated the Building Codes Interpretation Manual that includes common plan check corrections and interpretations of various building provisions.
- Assisted the Planning and Zoning Commission with implementation of the adopted Growth Management Plan.
- Expanded the on-line permitting program that allows contractors to submit and pay for certain building permits online.
- Training presentations by City Attorney to Planning and Zoning Commission and City Council on legal aspects pertaining to land use decisions.
For more information, contact the Community Development Department at (816) 331-1803.