FY 2019 Overview
Some of the items completed during FY 2018 include:
- Continued to increase mapping and data capabilities of internal ArcIMS site for all employees to access GIS information.
- Provided in-house review of all building plans for residential and commercial projects.
- Maintained a development report that is updated monthly to reflect existing housing units, units under construction, and available building lots in the City.
- Administered a program to register properties that have been foreclosed on and complete weekly inspections to ensure code compliance and ensure structures are secured.
- Continued implementation of a proactive inspection procedure for property maintenance code violations. Building inspectors completed a drive-by inspection of all properties in the City and commenced enforcement procedures on those properties deemed to have a violation of the property maintenance code.
- Continued creation of excerpts from the Unified Development Code that provides quick reference material for residents and applicants.
- Assisted the Planning and Zoning Commission with implementation of the adopted Growth Management Plan.
- Completed two amendments to the Unified Development Code.
- Completed research and preparation of a draft code to allow the keeping of fowl on residential lots.
- Completed a City Code amendment regarding open burning.
- Commenced an inspection program of existing commercial and industrial buildings and tenant spaces. Inspections of each building to occur every five years.
- Completion of a GIS application enabling Public Works employees to gather data about existing water meters as part of the meter conversion program.
For more information, contact the Development Services Department at (816) 331-1803.