Effective Dec. 10, 2019, all new and replacement roof projects require ice and water shield in accordance with IRC Table R301.2 (1), as adopted by Ordinance 2019-079.
New Construction route in Creekmoor
Non-Local Commercial Construction Vehicles, including semi-trucks and trailers, commercial trucks in excess of 1/2 ton capacity and commercial trailers in excess of One thousand Six Hundred (1,600) pounds of capacity which are providing construction or landscaping services, are prohibited from traveliing on Creekmoor Drive between North Foxridge Drive and Kettering Lane. These vehicles must utilize the designated alternate route for construction traffic, being 163rd Street east of North Foxridge Drive.
The City of Raymore must ensure that all construction complies with adopted codes and is safe for the residents and visitors of Raymore. Building inspection ensures the safety of citizens through inspection of construction activities.
The inspectors are certified building inspectors and work closely with the community to be sure each new structure constructed in the City complies with adopted codes. They work diligently to provide timely inspections and to keep the building community informed of changes in codes, policies and procedures.
The Building Inspection Division also assists builders in the permit application process.
Raymore has adopted the following codes:
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International One and Two-Family Code
- 2018 International Existing Building Code
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2017 National Electric Code
- 2018 International Swimming Pool, Spa and Hot Tub Code
- 2018 NFPA 101 Life Safety Code
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code with local amendments
- 2018 International Fire Code
- American National Standard for Accessible and Useable Buildings and Facilities A117.1-2017
- Structural Concrete and Commentary ACI 318-18
- NFPA 99 Health Care Facilities 2018 Edition
- Raymore Lawn Sprinkler Systems and Cross Connection Code
Adopted City Building Code
City Council adopted a reorganized Chapter 500: Building Code and the most recent editions of the building codes utilized by the City to regulate the construction of residential and non-residential buildings. The current Raymore Building Code became effective Jan. 1, 2020.
- Development Guide
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- APWA Single Family Standard Design Booklet - Erosion Control
- Contractor Licensing
- Dangerous Buildings Code
- Property Maintenance Code
- Uniform Plumbing Code and Uniform Mechanical Code
- National Electric Code
- International Codes
- Schedule of Fees and Charges
- On-site sewage disposal systems [construction standards]
- Excise Tax Trip Generation Rate Table
- Construction work hours
- Radon Control Systems
- Moving of Buildings
Jon Woerner - Building Official
Brittney Parker- Permit Technician
Ty Erickson - Building Inspector
100 Municipal Circle
Raymore, MO 64083
Phone: (816) 331-7916
Fax: (816) 331-8067
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm