Annual street preservation work starts Aug. 28
Update Sept. 18: On Thursday, Sept. 19, construction crews will patch N. Foxridge Drive near Creekmoor Elementary and put base asphalt on Shoreview Drive at the cul-de-sac.
Mill and overlay work starts Wednesday, Aug. 28 for multiple streets throughout the City as part of the annual Street Preservation Project.
A large milling machine will grind away the top layer of asphalt and a new layer of pavement will be put in its place. This process addresses minor deformations, cracking and irregularities, and results in a much smoother ride. This treatment also extends the life of the street and prevents the City from having to perform a full street reconstruction, which is costly and time consuming.
Affected residents will be notified within 48 hours of construction.
Additional streets on the schedule for 2019 Street Preservation include:
- S. Fox Ridge Drive from Johnston Drive to Lucy Webb - COMPLETE
- Cooper Drive from N. Westglen Drive to N. Eastglen Drive - COMPLETE
- Rolling Rock Road from Moss Creek to the end of the cul-de-sac - COMPLETE
- N. Westglen Drive from Mission Drive to Johnston Drive
- Johnston Parkway from 58 Highway to Hawk Ridge Park - COMPLETE
- Shoreview Drive from the south end of South Lakeshore Drive to the end of the cul-de-sac
- N. Sunset Lane from 58 Highway to W. Maple Street - COMPLETE
- Municipal Circle and Broadmoor Drive
- Deaton Circle from Hampton Drive to the end of the cul-de-sac - COMPLETE
- Wiltshire Boulevard from Creekmoor Pond Lane to Remington Subdivision - COMPLETE
To report a pothole or other street, curb, street light or sidewalk concern, contact Public Works-Operations at 816-331-2377 or Report A Concern online.