The City of Raymore is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made solely on the basis of merit. We strive to ensure each employee a discrimination-free workplace and have a strong commitment to equal employment opportunities. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce.
Hiring decisions are contingent upon satisfactory results of a physical examination, including a drug and alcohol use and misuse screening, and a review of the results of a pre-employment background check.
- Employment Applications are only accepted for open positions that have been announced and for which we are actively recruiting. Applications will NOT be accepted unless the position is open.
- Applications must be received no later than the recruitment deadline.
- If you have submitted your application previously, and are interested in a new opening, you must complete a new application. Previous applications cannot be transferred to other positions.
- Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a fully completed online application, but may be submitted as an attachment to the online application.
Economic Development Director
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$66,515-$81,042 (DOQ)
- Posted Date:09/10/2019 8:58 AM
- Deadline to Apply:09/29/2019
The City of Raymore is looking for an ambitious, outgoing individual to lead our City’s Economic Development Department.
In the past four years, the City has undertaken a major marketing and development effort to promote our community and the development opportunities that exist here. Now, we are looking for someone to push those efforts further and find the next great business/industry to call Raymore home.
We continue to set the pace when it comes to residential growth in Cass County, but as part of our strategic plan, we are looking for someone who understands how to help create a healthy and sustainable economy and expand our commercial tax base (Goal 3.1.1).
Through our growth, our residents continue to seek new opportunities to live and work in their own community. We need an Economic Development Director who will bring a variety of workforce options to Raymore and can provide educational tools to residents who want to reinvest in themselves (Goal 3.2.1).
As we continue to attract new development and commercial interest, we want to position Raymore as a community that is willing to be innovative and creative to ensure the needs of our residents and the business community are met (Goal 3.3.3).
The ideal Economic Development Director does not work alone on these goals and this individual will have plenty of opportunities to collaborate with various City departments, County and State officials as well those key stakeholders throughout the community.
Finally, we are looking for an Economic Development Director who understands that our City is led by some of the finest public servants who work everyday so that our residents come home to more. EOE
Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, business, economics, public administration or a related field; supplemented by five years of experience in economic development or local government management; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must possess and maintain a valid Missouri driver’s license.
Preference will be given to applicants with applicable certifications or credentials - or the ability to achieve them (e.g. CEcd).