The City of Raymore is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made solely on the basis of merit. We strive to ensure each employee a discrimination-free workplace and have a strong commitment to equal employment opportunities. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce.
Hiring decisions are contingent upon satisfactory results of a physical examination, including a drug and alcohol use and misuse screening, and a review of the results of a pre-employment background check.
- Employment Applications are only accepted for open positions that have been announced and for which we are actively recruiting. Applications will NOT be accepted unless the position is open.
- Applications must be received no later than the recruitment deadline.
- If you have submitted your application previously, and are interested in a new opening, you must complete a new application. Previous applications cannot be transferred to other positions.
- Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a fully completed online application, but may be submitted as an attachment to the online application.
Building Maintenance Tech Assistant
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$13.55 per hour
- Posted Date:11/07/2019
The purpose of this position is to perform manual and semi-skilled tasks related to the maintenance and upkeep of City Hall, Centerview, public facilities, and grounds, to include janitorial, routine building maintenance and repair, landscaping, and related functions.
Under the direction of the Building Technician, the Assistant Building Technician will assist in performing building maintenance and upkeep tasks for assigned buildings and facilities:
- Performs janitorial tasks to maintain the cleanliness of assigned buildings and facilities: sweeps, mops, strips, scrubs, buffs, waxes, and vacuums floor surfaces; cleans and sanitizes restroom and break areas, fixtures, and water fountains; replenishes paper supplies and soap as necessary; cleans windows, walls, air ducts, woodwork, blinds and light fixtures; dusts desks, ledges, and windowsills; and schedules floor work to ensure least possible disruption of work routines in buildings and offices.
- Empties trash receptacles and deposits collected refuse in proper receptacles; deposits recyclable material in proper receptacles.
- Performs routine maintenance and upkeep on building fixtures: replaces light bulbs; polishes fixtures; and performs routine carpentry functions.
- Performs a variety of landscaping duties; mows grass; plants flowers and shrubs; weed eats around signs and fence lines; edges curb lines; clears leaves, tree limbs and other debris from public areas; spreads and hauls ground cover, dirt, or mulch; sprays weed killer and fertilizer; prunes trees and shrubs; weeds flower beds; aerates and spreads grass seed; services irrigation systems; and removes snow and ice.
- Follows safety procedures, reports unsafe activities and conditions, utilizes safety equipment, and monitors work environment to ensure safety of employees and other individuals; places safety cones, markers, or signs to alert employees/citizens of work areas, wet floors, or other potential hazards.
- Assists with monitoring inventory levels of equipment, cleaning materials, tools, and supplies; works with Building Maintenance Technician to ensure availability of adequate materials to conduct work activities; may initiate requests for new or replacement items; stocks or distributes supply items.
- Communicates with supervisor, City employees, the public, and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, or resolve problems; responds to requests for service or assistance.
- Assists in completing various forms, reports, correspondence, time cards, supply lists, or other documents.Receives various forms, reports, work orders, product safety information, mixing instructions, equipment operating manuals, procedures, handbooks, reference materials, manuals, or other documentation; reviews, completes, processes, forwards or retains as appropriate.
- Operates a motor vehicle, a personal computer, hand tools, custodial equipment, or other equipment as necessary to complete essential functions.
Building maintenance, mowing, or trades experience in cleaning and light building maintenance; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job is preferred.. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
If reasonable accommodation is necessary to apply, or further information is needed, contact Shawn Aulgur, Human Resources Manager, email@example.com, Monday – Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.
The City of Raymore does conduct background checks/investigations
No phone calls please. You will be contacted if selected for interview.
Qualified applicants may apply online by selecting the link below;