The Raymore Arts Commission offers a variety of classes and other arts opportunities for our residents. Check the calendar below for a full list of events, activities and deadlines.
Do you have an idea for class? Let us know here.
Spring 2019 Bulky Item Pick Up Day for Wednesday Trash Residents
- Date: 05/03/2019 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Jim's Disposal Service provides two, FREE, citywide bulky item pick-up days per year as part of the contract. Residents will be able to set out up to five items on these days with a limitation of only one refrigerator per residence at each.
For Wednesday trash residents, the spring pick up day is Friday, May 3. (For Thursday trash residents, pick up day is Friday, May 17.)
Please read the following lists of acceptable and non-acceptable items carefully.
Please make sure your bulky items are at the curb no later than 7 a.m. on your assigned bulky item pick-up day in order for your items to be picked up.
- White goods: Refrigerators, freezers and air conditioning units (compressors will need to be removed from all items that use Freon)
- Metal appliances: such as stoves, dishwashers, washing machines, dryers, water heaters and furnaces
- Furniture: such as couches, tables, chairs, flat panel TVs, beds, mattresses and metal furniture (Tube TVs are not accepted.)
- Other items: such as bathroom fixtures, cabinets, rugs, garage doors, lawn mowers, disassembled swing sets and metal fencing
- Storm windows and glass panes. To help prevent injury, place a large “X” of masking tape across glass panes to prevent shattering and stack them separately from other bulky items.
- Carpet if it is rolled up and either over four feet long or over 40 lbs. (Anything smaller does not qualify as bulky and should be bagged and put out on your regular trash day.)
NON ACCEPTABLE ITEMS
- Tube TVs are considered household hazardous waste and cannot be accepted.
- Trash in bags or boxes will not be accepted in bulky collections. These items must be disposed in the regular weekly trash collection.
- Commercial or business trash or waste materials, including trash or waste from businesses conducted in or from a residence
- Piles of stuff, bags or boxes of smaller items
- Loose or scattered materials
- Closed drums or fuel tanks, metal drums must have both ends removed to be collected
- Automobile parts (bodies, gas tanks, doors, fenders, tires, etc.)
- Railroad ties
- Hazardous materials (paint, chemicals, etc.)
*Please visit RecycleSpot.org for a list of locations to dispose of hazardous waste.
If you would like to dispose of more than five items on your assigned bulky item pick-up day, you will need to contact Jim's and pay for the additional items two weeks in advance (WEDNESDAY trash residents by Friday, April 19 and THURSDAY trash residents by Friday, May 3) so the drivers will be able to plan accordingly and pick up the extra items. Call Jim's Disposal at 816-408-0220 to make arrangements.
Counting items: A mattress and a box spring are considered to be TWO items. If residents disassemble items such as bed frames, they will need to bundle/tie the frame together or it will be counted as multiple items