Bulky Item Pick-up for Wednesday Trash Residents
- Date: 10/12/2018 (all day)
If your trash day is on WEDNESDAYS, your fall bulky item pick-up day will be Friday, Oct. 12.
Please read the following lists of acceptable and non-acceptable items carefully.
Please make sure your bulky items are at the curb no later than 7 a.m. on your assigned bulky item pick-up day in order for your items to be picked up.
- White goods: Refrigerators, freezers and air conditioning units (compressors will need to be removed from all items that use Freon)
- Metal appliances: such as stoves, dishwashers, washing machines, dryers, water heaters and furnaces
- Furniture: such as couches, tables, chairs, TVs, beds, mattresses and metal furniture
- Other items: such as bathroom fixtures, cabinets, rugs, garage doors, lawn mowers, disassembled swing sets and metal fencing
- Storm windows and glass panes. To help prevent injury, place a large “X” of masking tape across glass panes to prevent shattering and stack them separately from other bulky items.
- Carpet if it is rolled up and either over four feet long or over 40 lbs.
NON ACCEPTABLE ITEMS
- Trash in bags or boxes will not be accepted in bulky collections. These items must be disposed in the regular weekly trash collection.
- Commercial or business trash or waste materials, including trash or waste from businesses conducted in or from a residence
- Piles of stuff, bags or boxes of smaller items
- Loose or scattered materials
- Closed drums or fuel tanks, metal drums must have both ends removed to be collected
- Automobile parts (bodies, gas tanks, doors, fenders, tires, etc.)
- Railroad ties
- Hazardous materials (paint, chemicals, etc.)
*Please visit RecycleSpot.org for a list of locations to dispose of hazardous waste.
If you would like to dispose of more than five items on your assigned bulky item pick-up day, you will need to contact Jim's and pay for the additional items two weeks in advance (WEDNESDAY trash residents by Friday, Sept. 28 and THURSDAY trash residents by Friday, Oct. 5) so the drivers will be able to plan accordingly and pick up the extra items. You may call Jim's at 816-408-0220 to make arrangements.