2015: $11.91 monthly charge
Trash and recycling pickup for all Raymore residents is scheduled for Wednesdays (even if falling on a holiday) between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Residents have complimentary use of a 64-gallon, wheeled trash cart with a black, hinged lid, as well as a 48-gallon, wheeled recycling cart with a blue, hinged lid.
Residents are allowed one free bulky item pickup per week. If there are additional items in any given week there may be a charge of $10 for the pickup. "White goods," defined as appliances such as washers, dryers, refrigerators, freezers, etc. will be subject to a charge of $10. Residents should schedule these pickups directly with Town & Country Disposal (816-380-5595) two days or more before the pickup.
Recycling is included in the cost of basic residential trash service. Recycling carts are provided at no charge by calling Town & Country Disposal at 816-380-5595 and feature details about acceptable recycling materials printed on the blue lid. The following metal, plastic and paper items are eligible for commingled curbside recycling:
- Aluminum and metal food cans
- Aluminum trays and foil
- Steel cans and tins
- PET soda, milk, water, and flavored beverage bottles (#1 clear and green plastic resin)
- HDPE detergent and fabric softener containers (#2 colored plastic resin)
- PVC narrow-neck containers only (#3 plastic resin); examples include health and beauty aid products, household cleaners
- LDPE grocery containers (#4 plastic resin); examples include margarine tubs, frozen dessert cups, 6- and 12-pack rings)
- PP grocery containers (#5 plastic resin); examples include yogurt cups, narrow-neck syrup and ketchup bottles
- #7 plastic resin grocery; narrow-neck containers only
- Newspaper, including inserts (remove plastic sleeve)
- Magazines, catalogues and telephone books
- Kraft (brown paper) bags
- Office, computer, notebook and gift wrap paper
- Chipboard (cereal, cake and food mix boxes, gift boxes, etc.)
- Carrier stock (soda and beer can carrying cases)
- Junk mail and envelopes
- Paperback books (does not include hardcover books)
- Cardboard (no waxed cardboard)
- Telephone Books
Anyone wishing to recycle glass products should visit www.rippleglasskc.com for a list of area drop sites, which now includes a large Ripple Glass collection bin the the Raymore Cosentino's Price Chopper parking lot.
Yard waste is collected on a weekly basis between the months of May and November. Additional yard waste pickups are conducted on the first and third Wednesday of December, March, and April -- with the weather-dependent possibility of April switching to weekly pickups, if needed and agreed upon by the City and Town and Country Disposal. In January, only Christmas trees are collected for yard waste.
Yard waste should be placed curbside in brown paper bags (available for purchase at area home improvement stores) and branches should be tied in bundles not exceeding 40 inches in length and 18 inches in diameter. Rocks, dirt, glass and construction debris will not be accepted. There is no bag limit for yard waste pickup.
Household Hazardous Waste
The City of Raymore is a member of the Regional Household Hazardous Waste Collection Program, a service coordinated by the MARC Solid Waste Management District.
Residents have year-round access to the safe disposal of unwanted products such as paint, lawn and garden chemicals, automotive fluids, batteries, florescent bulbs and housecleaners. Business waste is not accepted.
Residents can access the permanent facilities in Lee’s Summit and Kansas City and also can attend any of the mobile events scheduled April through October. To see the full schedule of Mobile Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events, visit http://www.recyclespot.org/HHW/Mobile-Events.aspx.
Kansas City Year-Round HHW Collection Facility:
4707 Deramus Street; Kansas City, MO
Open Thursday and Friday 9a.m. - 6 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
No Appointment Necessary!
Lee’s Summit Year-Round HHW Collection Facility:
2101 S.E. Hamblen Road; Lee's Summit, MO
By appointment only.
100-pound limit per visit
Open first Saturday of the month, April Thru November
Open every third Wednesday year-round for antifreeze, batteries, oil and paint collection ONLY.
100 Municipal Circle
Raymore, MO 64083