Join us in Recreation Park on Friday, July 4th, for Raymore's 2014 Spirit of America Celebration, which features one of the biggest fireworks displays in the area at dusk. The event begins at 4 p.m. in Recreation Park (1021 S. Madison). Come out for live music, classic car show, and other fun events before the fireworks begin at dusk.
- Classic Car Show begins at 4 p.m.
- Kids' Games from 7 to 9 p.m. (provided by Raymore Assembly of God)
Games that will run for the entire time from 7 to 9 p.m.:
- Tic-Tac-Toe: Game played on a large surface of the ground. Each player will have five bean bags that must launched from their “toes” to claim their square on the board.
- Upside-Down Bean Bag Toss: Bean bags thrown at the target through the legs like hiking a football.
- Q-Tip Target: Try your skill at hitting a target using Q-Tips for ammunition.
- Ping Pong Power: Bounce the ping pong balls into the various-sized tubes to score points.
- Ladder Ball: Toss the stringed-golf balls at the ladder rungs for points. Can be played with two players to compete together.
- Javelin Jockey: Throw the Nerf javelins at the target hoops to score the most points possible.
Games that will be occur intermittently, every 15 minutes or so, starting at 7:15 p.m.:
- The Great Balloon Race: Each contestant will see how fast his balloon can fly to the finish line supplying their own “hot air.”
- Ski Race: A race that will involve a team of two working together to get across the finish line first.
- Pantyhose Put-Down: Two players compete to see who can knock down all their bottles first using the special pantyhose apparatus on their heads.
- Magic Carpet Ride: Teams of two compete to see who can turn their "carpet square" over first without either team member stepping off the carpet.
- Live Music by Southtown from 7 to 9:30 p.m.
- Extensive Fireworks Display begins at dusk.
CLASSIC CAR SHOW INFORMATION:
2014 Classic Car Show Registration form
Car Show Entry Categories include:
For July 4th vendor application information, download the 2014 vendor agreement form below.
2014 Vendor Agreement form
Volunteers are needed to help make this event a success for the entire
community. Anyone interested in helping with the setup and operation of
the event's car show or kids games is asked to call the Raymore Parks
and Rec office at 816-322-2791. Parking lot attendants are also needed
to help maintain orderly traffic flow for this high-attendance event.
The year's event is sponsored by Community Bank of Raymore, Ray-Pec Sunrise Optimist Club, and Perkins Automotive Service.