Join us in Recreation Park on Thursday, July 4th, for Raymore's 2013 Spirit of America Celebration, which features one of the biggest fireworks displays in the area at dusk. The event begins at 4 p.m. in Recreation Park (1021 S. Madison). Come out for live music, classic car show, and other fun events before the fireworks begin at dusk.
- Classic Car Show begins at 4 p.m.
- Kids' Games from 7 to 9 p.m. (provided by Raymore Assembly of God)
Games that will run for the entire time from 7 to 9 p.m.:
- Tic-Tac-Toe: Game played on a large surface of the ground. Each player will have five bean bags that must launched from their “toes” to claim their square on the board.
- Upside-Down Bean Bag Toss: Bean bags thrown at the target through the legs like hiking a football.
- Potato Gun Target Shoot: Try your skill at the target using a “spud” for ammunition!
- Boffing and Tug-o-War: A game played “King of the Hill” style with the winner staying in and taking on all contenders until the time is up. Boffing will utilize the skills of fencing. Tug-o-war will use the strategy of trying to catch your opponent off guard.
Games that will be occur every 15 minutes starting at 7:15 p.m.:
- Miniature Golf: Play a round of miniature golf using croquet mallets and balls.
- Hot Air Balloon Race: Each contestant will see how fast his balloon can fly to the finish line supplying their own “hot air.”
- Ski Race: A race that will involve a team of two working together to get across the finish line first.
- Snoot Shoot: Each player will have the opportunity to see how far they can “shoot” their special “shot put” using a rather unique technique that will be demonstrated at the event!
- Live Music by Southtown from 7 to 9:30 p.m.
- Extensive Fireworks Display begins at dusk.
CLASSIC CAR SHOW INFORMATION:
2013 Classic Car Show Registration form
Car Show Entry Categories include:
For July 4th vendor application information, download the 2013 vendor agreement form below.
2013 Vendor Agreement form
Volunteers are needed to help make this event a success for the entire
community. Anyone interested in helping with the setup and operation of
the event's car show or kids games is asked to call the Raymore Parks
and Rec office at 816-322-2791. Parking lot attendants are also needed
to help maintain orderly traffic flow for this high-attendance event.
The year's event is sponsored by Community Bank of Raymore, Ray-Pec Sunrise Optimist Club, and Perkins Automotive Service.