The Investigations Unit is tasked with follow-up investigative work on reported criminal activity and is the liaison with the Prosecutor's office for the filing of charges at the municipal, State, and federal levels.
- One Detective Sergeant
- Two full-time detectives
These investigators are responsible for the following:
- Preventing crime
- Investigating criminal and juvenile cases
- Detecting and arresting criminal offenders
- Locating missing persons and runaway juveniles
- Recovering lost and stolen property
- Conducting fugitive extradition proceedings
- Giving vigilant scrutiny to all conditions relating to, or contributing toward, the fostering of crime
The Investigations Unit is also involved in the on-going investigation of narcotics violations through their participation with the West Central Missouri Drug Task Force and Cass County Narcotics Enforcement Team.