The Animal Control Division of the Raymore Police Department consists of two full-time Animal Control Officers (ACO). Duties of the ACOs include:
- Pick-up and storage of loose, stray and dangerous animals
- Enforcement of Raymore city ordinances regarding animals
- Maintenance of animals housed at animal control facilities
- Investigation of animal bite calls
- Investigation of animal abuse / neglect calls
- Adoption procedures of animals without homes
- Direct contact with local veterinary offices regarding animal health concerns
- View Animal Licenses
- Animal licenses may be obtained at City Hall or at the Raymore Animal Shelter (1023 S Madison).
City Codes & Animals
Raymore's Code of Ordinances pertaining to Animal Control are available here.
We appreciate generous donations that keep our shelter clean and keep the animals we care for fed and comfortable. Donations may be dropped off at the shelter, but as ACOs are frequently out on calls, please bring any donations to the Police Department at City Hall (100 Municipal Circle) if no one is at the shelter. Please do not leave donations outside. Thank you for understanding.
To contact the Animal Control Division or to adopt a pet, call the Raymore Police Department at 816-331-0530.
Raymore Animal Shelter: 1023 S Madison St.
To see our current selection of adoptable pets, find Raymore Animal Shelter on Facebook.