FY 2016 Overview
Some of the items completed during FY 2015 include:
- Completed three amendments to the Unified Development Code.
- Continued to increase mapping and data capabilities of internal ArcIMS site for all employees to access GIS information.
- Provided in-house review of all building plans for residential and commercial projects.
- Maintained a development report that is updated monthly to reflect existing housing units, units under construction, and available building lots in the City.
- Administered a program to register properties that have been foreclosed on and complete weekly inspections to ensure code compliance and ensure structures are secured.
- Continued implementation of a proactive inspection procedure for property maintenance code violations. Building inspectors completed a drive-by inspection of all properties in the City and commenced enforcement procedures on those properties deemed to have a violation of the property maintenance code.
- Continued creation of excerpts from the Unified Development Code that provides quick reference material for residents and applicants.
- Updated the Building Codes Interpretation Manual that includes common plan check corrections and interpretations of various building provisions.
- Assisted the Planning and Zoning Commission with implementation of the adopted Growth Management Plan.
- Expanded the on-line permitting program that allows contractors to submit and pay for certain building permits online.
- Completed application and work necessary for Raymore to obtain Gold Level recognition as a Solar Ready Community.
For more information, contact the Community Development Department at (816) 331-1803.