Any contractor desiring to obtain a City of Raymore Occupational License to conduct contracting work within the City limits must comply with the contractor licensing program. The contractor will need to submit the following to obtain the occupational license:
- Proof of worker's compensation insurance when applicable and general liability insurance; and
- Proof of a passing grade of 70% or better on the appropriate certification test; or
- Proof of a bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture or construction science from an accredited college or university.
There are five classes of licenses:
- Class A: General Contractor
- Class B: Building Contractor
- Class C: Residential Contractor
- Class D: Mechanical, Electrical or Plumbing Contractor
- Class E: Sub-Contractor
Renewal of contractor licenses in Raymore requires the following:
- Submittal of documentation that the licensee had at least eight (8) continuing education credits (CEU) related to the trade for which the license was issued within the last year. The Building Official is authorized to verify whether the submitted CEU's meet the requirements.
Questions about the Raymore contractor licensing program may be directed to Jon Woerner, Building Official at 816-331-7916 or James Cadoret, Community Development Director at 816-892-3030.
Information about the ICC Certification and Testing Programs can be found in the National Contractor Trades Exam Bulletin.