ISO Building Code Effectiveness Grading Schedule
The City of Raymore has received notification from the Insurance Services Office (ISO) that the Building Code Effectiveness Grading classification is now 4 (previously 6) for 1 and 2 family residential property and is now 3 (previously 5) for commercial and industrial property. Class 1 represents exemplary commitment to building-code enforcement. The ISO is an independent statistical, rating and advisory organization that serves the property/casualty insurance industry. Raymore is pleased to have achieved the new classifications.
New Construction route in Creekmoor
Non-Local Commercial Construction Vehicles, including semi-trucks and trailers, commercial trucks in excess of 1/2 ton capacity and commercial trailers in excess of One thousand Six Hundred (1,600) pounds of capacity which are providing construction or landscaping services, are prohibited from traveliing on Creekmoor Drive between North Foxridge Drive and Kettering Lane. These vehicles must utilize the designated alternate route for construction traffic, being 163rd Street east of North Foxridge Drive.
The City of Raymore must ensure that all construction complies with adopted codes and is safe for the residents and visitors of Raymore. Building inspection ensures the safety of citizens through inspection of construction activities.
The inspectors are certified building inspectors and work closely with the community to be sure each new structure constructed in the City complies with adopted codes. They work diligently to provide timely inspections and to keep the building community informed of changes in codes, policies and procedures.
The Building Inspection Division also assists builders in the permit application process.
Raymore has adopted the following codes:
- 2012 International Building Code
- 2012 International One and Two-Family Code
- 2012 International Existing Building Code
- 2012 Uniform Plumbing Code
- 2012 Uniform Mechanical Code
- 2011 National Electric Code
- 2012 International Swimming Pool, Spa and Hot Tub Code
- 2009 NFPA 101 Life Safety Code
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2012 International Fire Code
- American National Standard for Accessible and Useable Buildings and Facilities A117.1-2009
- Structural Concrete and Commentary ACI 318-11
- NFPA 99 Health Care Facilities 2012 Edition
- Raymore Lawn Sprinkler Systems and Cross Connection Code
Adopted City Building Code
City Council adopted a reorganized Chapter 500: Building Code and the most recent editions of the building codes utilized by the City to regulate the construction of residential and non-residential buildings. The new Raymore Building Code became effective May 1, 2013.
- Development Guide
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- APWA Single Family Standard Design Booklet - Erosion Control
- Contractor Licensing
- Dangerous Buildings Code
- Property Maintenance Code
- Uniform Plumbing Code and Uniform Mechanical Code
- National Electric Code
- International Codes
- Schedule of Fees and Charges
- On-site sewage disposal systems [construction standards]
- Excise Tax Trip Generation Rate Table
- Construction work hours
- Radon Control Systems
- Moving of Buildings
Jon Woerner - Building Official
Brittany Parker- Permit Technician
Ty Erickson - Building Inspector
100 Municipal Circle
Raymore, MO 64083
Phone: (816) 331-7916
Fax: (816) 331-8067
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm